Growth Trends for Related Jobs
How to Get a Job With Costco and Succeed
Costco Wholesale is one of America's most popular warehouse club stores with over 500 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and about 200 stores in 10 other countries. Costco jobs are some of the better entry-level opportunities and offer health insurance and promotion opportunities. Is a career at Costco for you?
You can apply for a job with Costco in two ways: fill out an application from a Costco store or online at the Costco job website. Here's what you need to know when you fill in your application:
- Be neat. Answer all questions.
- You may increase your chances of being hired if you say you are willing to accept any opening, including late night and early morning jobs stocking the shelves.
- If you apply in person, be pleasant and positive. Costco looks for people with a good attitude who will promote their high customer service standard.
If your application is of interest to Costco, you will be called for an interview. Show up on time and be presentable. Try to note how other Costco workers are dressed to see if there is anything about their attire/hair/etc that you may want to assume for your interview. Be pleasant and positive. Note how you want to work hard and learn the business.
So what if you don't get the job? Costco jobs often have a lot of competition because they pay better than many entry-level jobs and offer good benefits. Here's some tips you might want to try:
- Costco does a lot of seasonal hiring, especially in November/December. While many of these jobs are temporary, if you work hard you could be kept on as a permanent employee.
- Look for new store grand openings.
- Talk to an employment coach to review your application to see whether it could be improved. Sometimes there are key phrases and words that can be added to get your application noticed.
Once you get a job with Costco, your future is in your hands. To get promoted and move up in the company, work hard, show up on time, and prove you are reliable and you show you are reliable. Volunteer for other jobs and hours that need to be filled. Be available to fill in for workers who miss their shifts.
Certain Costco job opportunities are on a different track than most warehouse jobs. These include pharmacy, hearing aid centers, and optical, most of which require special training and licences. Costco is looking for pharmacy students and offers them educational benefits.
There are other jobs available at Costco's regional offices and its home office in Issaquah, Washington, such as buyers, lawyers, accountants, etc. See the Costco job website for information on these jobs and how to apply for them.
This article was written by the CareerTrend team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about CareerTrend, contact us [here](http://careertrend.com/about-us).
Steve Proehl/Corbis Documentary/GettyImages