Growth Trends for Related Jobs

How to Transfer a CNA License to Kansas From Another State

careertrend article image

As a certified nursing assistant in good standing with your state of licensure, you have the right to work in that state only. If you relocate and would like to become licensed in another state, you must meet that state's specific requirements. To transfer your CNA license from your current state to the state of Kansas, there are you must follow a few procedures.

Check your present state's registry to make sure you are on it. If your name is not listed, contact your state's registry before proceeding further. Complete the interstate application from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. Include a copy of your driver's license and Social Security card, along with a check or money order for $20, which is a non-refundable application fee.

Mail your application and other required items to: Health Occupations Credentialing, KDHE Signature Building 1000 S.W. Jackson, Suite 200 Topeka KS 66612-1365

You will then receive an approval to test with the date and time of your CNA test. Each state has different test requirements, so you must test in Kansas even though you have already tested in your present state. Show up on time with two forms of picture identification.

You may request your test results at: Health Occupations Credentialing, KDHE Curtis State Office Building 1000 S.W. Jackson, Suite 200 Topeka, Kansas 66612-1365

You can also call for assistance at (785) 296-1250


This article was written by the CareerTrend team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about CareerTrend, contact us [here](

Photo Credits