Growth Trends for Related Jobs

How to Report a Union Representative

careertrend article image
work image by Alison Bowden from

Dissatisfaction at work can sometimes be due to your employer or because of your union. If you feel that the union has mistreated you and want to report it, contact your local National Labor Relations Board.

Visit the National Labor Relations Board website to report a union representative.

Click on the “Workplace Rights” tab located in the horizontal menu tabs.

Click on the “I am New to this Website” link in the box labeled “In this section”.

Click on the “How do I File a Charge against an Employer or Union” link.

Read through the instructions that appear on the page. In the third paragraph, two forms are available in the point form list.

Choose the second form entitled “Charge Against Labor Organization or Its Agents” with the number NLRB 508. Click on the link and a form will open.

Fill out the form, including the name of the union representative. Give as much detail as you can about the incident and the individual you are reporting.

Save the form on your computer and send it back to the NLRB by email. Save a copy for your personal reference.

An NLRB representative should call you a few days later. Answer any questions the representative has regarding the incident or the report. Ask any questions you may have about the report and the process.


Based in Toronto, Mary Jane has been writing for online magazines and databases since 2002. Her articles have appeared on the Simon & Schuster website and she received an editor's choice award in 2009. She holds a Master of Arts in psychology of language use from the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.